Palestine International Theater Festival for Children and Youth
October 15th – 22nd, 2020
Call for Applicants
Al-Harah Theater opens the call to theater groups and companies to participate in Palestine International Theater Festival for Children and Youth that will be held between the 15th and the 22nd of October, 2020 in Palestine. This fourth edition of the Festival will be celebrating Bethlehem as the Arab Capital of Culture 2020, whereas this special edition will focus on people with disability.
- The festival will be divided into two categories, Children Theater and Youth Theater.
- 10 theater groups will be chosen by the festival artistic committee.
- Plays with minimum technical needs and minimum text are encouraged.
- Priority will be given to the performances that include people with disability within its team, or the performances that discusses the rights of people with disability.
- Applicants need to fill out the application form and send it by email alongside with a video of the play and high-quality photos, or fill the online application following this link: https://forms.gle/KynQ4Dpdvb6N1QQw8.
- Applicants are responsible to cover their travel cost to Palestine.
- Applicants are responsible to cover the shipping cost of the play set and accessories.
- A maximum of 5 people in each group is accepted.
- Each international & local play will be performed twice a day in the same venue in Bethlehem, while international plays will be performed one more time in a different city.
- The festival offers a fee of 300 Euros for each performance (600 Euros for two or 900 Euros for three performances).
- The festival offers accommodation and food for the participating theater groups for 5 days maximum.
- The festival offers pick up from the airport for international groups all together to the hotel and vice versa, and transportation for local groups to Bethlehem.
- The festival offers local transportation to all participating theater groups from the hotel to the venues and vice versa.
- The festival provides wide media coverage for all the participating plays including social media, press, radio, and television.
- Application deadline is on Monday 30th of September 2019.
- The selected groups will be informed by email by Thursday the 31st of October 2019.
Al-Harah Contact Details:
173, Virgin Mary Street
Beit Jala, Palestine
Telefax: +970-2-2767758, Mobile: +970-592767758